Consumer Health Insights
Consumer health companies need consistent, reliable views of the marketplace and competition to monitor and manage performance. The unique depth and breadth of our comprehensive consumer health insights enable performance tracking at the international, regional, national or territory level.
Our information and expertise span all Over-The-Counter (OTC) medicines, as well as products available in retail pharmacies in personal care, patient care and nutritional categories. Because our coverage is broad and our measures consistent, the data can be integrated at any and all geographic levels—giving management the depth and breadth of reporting to execute in-country tactics or plan worldwide strategies.
By linking local and international product and company names, we facilitate cross-country comparisons and support critical activities such as strategic business planning, merger & acquisition analyses, portfolio optimization and market opportunity assessment.
Through advanced analytics, we extract the most relevant insights and help you arrive at conclusions quickly, easily and confidently. Our analytics follow industry best practices and focus on:
- Market Performance: Evaluates performance in terms of size and growth, relative to competitors.
- Brand Performance: Identifies what’s driving a brand’s performance (as well as competitors’) and pinpoints those that are over or under performing.
- Competitor Performance: Clarifies what elements are driving growth or decline in a market/ or category share compared to rivals.
- Sales Force: Compares market performance between sales territories to improve productivity, and evaluates the impact of sales campaigns to ensure the best possible return on investment.
- Uncover new market opportunities
- Develop winning strategies
- Expand local markets
- Track the competition
- Analyze the impact of mergers and acquisitions
- Optimize and compensate sales forces
- Track brand and company performance
- Fully integrated, international coverage
- Detailed data built up from individual pharmacy level
- Rigorous quality assurance
- Consistent tracking across markets, categories and geographies
- Analytics drawn from best practices
- Dedicated consumer health experts
IMS OTC Review
Download details, including chapter coverage and sample information.
Register for monthly access to top-line global drug trends and news stories.